Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Cove


Hey guys, so there's this new documentary which is out in the theaters, The Cove. If you love dolphins (seriously, who doesn't?), or just care about the environment in general, you have to watch it. Well, I haven't watched it cos I'm kinda..scared to? Haha reason being this film exposes the annual killing of more than 2,500 dolphins in a National Park at Taiji, Wakayama in Japan.

The filmmakers were smart and innovative; they used specialized camouflaged high-definition cameras that were designed to look like rocks. I imagine if the angry Japanese fishermen knew they were filming, the crew would have been slaughtered too.

Thing is, what do they kill the dolphins for? Gotta look it up.

Although I'm a wuss and can't bear to look at the dolphins getting killed, I might just have to go see this as I believe it's an important film in the context of the whole conservation movement happening now. Plus, the reviews have been glowing.

Diy

2 comments:

  1. im going to text you now, i wanna watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good start to our film industry worldwide and hope it influence more people to support anti whaling!

    ReplyDelete