Monday, November 16, 2009

Sharky Shark

Hey peeps, sorry for neglecting this blog. Fear not, our quest to save Mother Earth is still in high gear! woooo

Anyway, I sent this piece of news to myself ages ago cos I wanted to blog about it. But I'm an ass and I'm growing old, so I kinda forgot about it.

Palau is to create the world's first "shark sanctuary", banning all commercial shark fishing in its waters.

"The President of the tiny Pacific republic, Johnson Toribiong, announced the sanctuary during Friday's session of the UN General Assembly.With half of the world's oceanic sharks at risk of extinction, conservationists regard the move as "game-changing".It will protect about 600,000 sq km (230,000 sq miles) of ocean, an area about the size of France. President Toribiong also called for a global ban on shark-finning, the practice of removing the fins at sea."

Isn't this awesome? It's nice knowing that those sharks will be in a safe environment where they're free to live without the fear of getting caught in nets or hooks and then have their fins cut off.

Yeah, so this was the thing i forgot about Chels. HAHAHA. And by the way, YES OBAMA! He is hot. I don't care how wrong that sounds. He just is.

Diy

No comments:

Post a Comment